Use "Term," "Acronym," or "Definition" followed by a colon to refine the search. Use quotes around phrases.
Example: [Term:"Funding Plan"]
For single character wildcard use "?".
Example: [NI?] Returns NIH
For multiple character wildcard use "*".
Example: [CG*] Returns CGEMS and CGAP
For fuzzy wildcard use "~".
Example: [debrief~] Returns words with approximately similar spelling
For a range of entries use "TO".
Example: [AB TO ACF] Returns entries between AB and ACF
- OR: The OR operator returns matches where either of two terms exist in a term, definition, or description.
- AND: The AND operator returns matches where both terms exist in a term, definition, or description.
- NOT: The NOT operator excludes words or phrases that contain the term, acronym, or phrase after NOT.
- + : Term, acronym, or phrase after the "+" symbol must exist to return any result.
- - : Excludes results where the term, acronym, or phrase follows the "-" symbol.
Note: OR, AND, NOT must be all uppercase.
Use parentheses to group terms and phrases.
Example: [(NIH and meeting)]